The Ruffler Attachment Presser Foot for Low-Shank Sewing Machines is used to create perfectly spaced pleats and gathers. The Ruffler makes uniform pleats at set intervals. The Ruffler can tuck every twelfth stitch, sixth stitch, every stitch or not at all! The Ruffler works best with light to medium weight fabrics. Move the Ruffle Regulator to determine the frequency of tucks.
The Ruffler can tuck every twelfth stitch, sixth stitch, every stitch or not at all! Turn the Adjusting Screw to determine how much fabric is pushed into the attachment each time it tucks.
For use with low-shank sewing machines, including brands Babylock, Bernina, Brother, Elna, Euro-Pro, Husqvarna Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, White and More!.
1. Secure Ruffler to shank while making sure extension arm slides onto the needle clamp screw. Tighten thumb screw to secure Ruffler to shank. Select Straight Stitch. Make sure needle is in correct position. Set the ruffle regulator to “1” to form very tight ruffles.
2. Select Straight Stitch, medium length. (A shorter stitch length will produce closer pleats.)
3. Adjust the “Depth or Overlap Width” Screw, as necessary. Insert a 12" long piece of cotton, folded widthwise to form a double thickness ruffle into the lower fabric guide.
4. Insert a 6" long piece, single layer, wrong side down into the upper fabric guide.
5. Sew from one edge to the other.
How to use it :
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …